A "To Go" Bag

 


I've been away for awhile. There's really not much to say here as far as explaining how to do things, since the content always gets stolen and I have better things to do than sending out takedown notices. But I guess it's fairly safe to share this idea. It's a to go bag.

The idea is to get one of those big Tarot bags and fill it with small things. This one has a mini Lenormand, Chronata's Hallowstones, a good pendulum that I can't subconsciously force to tell me what I want to hear, three bone dice, my casting stones, a scrap of shearling for casting, and some small runes. I might add the Mercury Chain and a small crystal ball at some point, but I need to make bags for those. Maybe I'll add some small Tarot Majors, too.

Everything is kept separately in smaller bags, not jumbled together.

The Lenormand is a Fromann & Bunte mini, available here: https://gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com/product/minis-are-here

I like mini Lenormands. They make laying a Grand Tableau much less problematic when you're short on space.

The pendulum was made by a guy named Stan who sells them at the link below. It's the first one I've owned that I couldn't force. Its snakewood and excellent quality, not like those cheaply made yet overpriced ones that are flooding the market.

http://www.pendulumandpenink.com/shop2.htm


 

The Hallowstones are similar to Crowstones. Like Crowstones, they have a deceptively naive, folk-arty look but they're actually very incisive. They're a Halloween-themed set that Robyn was offering a few years ago. They're not currently available, but she's always got something interesting there.
https://tarotgoodies.webs.com/apps/webstore/

The runes are a little opalite glass set I found on etsy.  (I found the dice there, too, as well as the red pouch.) They're small enough to fit easily into one of those little deerskin pouches.

And the rocks are just a personal collection. I'd recommend everyone to put something together. Rocks, coins, dice, bones, whatever. There's lots of ideas in this little book:

https://www.luckymojo.com/lithomancy.html

These random object casting oracles work best when you accumulate pieces naturally. The book suggests starting with just three pieces: something to represent yourself, a yes, and a no. Cast them and see what lands closest to your piece - that's your answer. As time goes on, you'll accumulate meaningful pieces without trying. They just show up. ;) I tend to take something out when I add a new piece, but you can accumulate pieces to your hearts content. They might not fit in a to go bag after awhile, though.

And it all fits in a Tarot bag. I can just grab it on my way out the door.
(From Baba, of course! https://baba-store.com/collections/drawstring-pouches )



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Readings Available

The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards & Mercury's Fortune Telling Cards

About Me: a (re)introduction