About Me: a (re)introduction




You might be familiar with my old blog of the same title, Fate Keeps On Happening: https://fennario.wordpress.com/ It's a line from the hilarious and wonderful 1925 novel by Anita Loos, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: The Intimate Diary of a Professional Lady, and I thought it lent itself well to a blog with a lot of posts about fortunetelling, which deals in fate, often concerns itself with issues of money and relationships, and at times can express itself with a wicked sense of humor. And if not, I'm happy to meet you. Since I've mentioned that this is a blog that is (mostly) about reading cards, I think I should tell you a little about myself:

Many years ago, I was often holed up in my bedroom trying to predict the future with Eden Grey's Mastering The Tarot and a University Books Smith-Waite deck with pink ankh backs, and it all just progressed from there. 

My approach to reading isn't the currently fashionable one. I don't subscribe to the "wellness model" and I really don't like to read cards for spiritual and/or psychological insights, I read them to see what will happen, where I left my keys, that kind of thing. I also do this professionally and have done so for a long time. I find that clients are much more concerned with love and money than they are with things like "what does the Universe want me to know right now?"

Since all of this stuff is considered "spiritual" these days, I should probably state my position on that. I don't feel particularly spiritual when I read. My thing isn't IF things exist, it's HOW they exist. Do I believe that consciousness is something bigger and weirder than we can get our minds around? Absolutely. Does concern itself with peoples' attempts at piousness? I doubt it. Just try not to be an a-hole - life is just easier when people do that.

 By the way, if you need a counselor or therapist, find a state certified one and go there. Who am I to assume to practice psychology? I'm a card reader

How does it work? I have no clue. It shouldn't, but it does. The usual reply to that question is "synchronicity" (often from people who haven't even read Jung) but nobody really tries to answer that. They just parrot the conventional "wisdom". My best guess is that it's something about the nature of time itself that we don't know yet. We know that time is bendy, maybe even spherical (asking "What was before the beginning of time?" is like asking "What's north of the North Pole?" - thanks, Mr. Hawking) so maybe we can jump ahead on that sphere, just a little? I don't know.

I don't just read Tarot. Far from it. My go-to is Lenormand, and I also read the Grand Jeu Lenormand, as well as Kipperkarten, Sibilla, and some others. I'm kind of nerdy about all of this, and I take a kind of predictive, folkloric approach, tending towards traditional reading rather than the wellness style of recent decades. I fear real card reading is being lost, and I'd like to see it preserved. So yeah. I've probably alienated some folks already. And that's OK. Stick around if you're still interested.




The decks in this post are the Tarot Fortune Cards above, available here: https://www.tarotcollectibles.com/store/p148/Thomson-Leng-Tarot.html
and the 1903 Geuens-Willaert Lenormand, available at http://gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com/

Comments

  1. You haven't alienated me so far 😉, so I'll stick around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello!
      Yes, it's been a good while now, lol.

      Delete
    2. I’ve cancelled my subscription to WordPress. For the last few weeks, I’ve been unable to edit content or get images properly aligned. It is unworkable.

      Consider me not alienated. :)

      Delete
  2. Never alienated. Sometimes shocked and awed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Readings Available

The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards & Mercury's Fortune Telling Cards